- Ten million soldiers to the war have gone,
- Who may never return again.
- Ten million mother’s hearts must break
- For the ones who died in vain.
- Head bowed down in sorrow
- In her lonely years,
- I heard a mother murmur thru’ her tears
- I didn’t raise my boy to be a soldier,
- (American Pacifist song)
There was a wind of change blowing through the United States in 1916. Not only change from the attitude expressed by President Woodrow Wilson on the 10th May 1915. “There is such thing as a nation being so right that it does not need to convince others by force that it is right.” American volunteers had formed the Escadrille Americaine, a fighter squadron in French service. Later in the war The Escadrille Americaine changed the name to the Lafayette Escadrille.
“So stand by your glasses steady.
The world is a web of lies.
View original post 595 more words